[lit-ideas] Re: Victor Hanson in Iraq

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:30:16 -0500

Mike makes allowances for me, "being as how you're a Yankee and live in hell."

In a day or so, this Yankee will be moving to Kentucky for a couple months, so I'll gain some first-hand knowledge of how you Slavers live. My first impression of the nominal differences are: (1) People below the M/D Line never pick up their phones but always, always, let messages go to voice mail. (2) After much discussion and redundant planning, things get done -- sort of. (3) Where's my cold air? Why do people refer to the most gentle and mild little breeze as "Yankee weather"?