[lit-ideas] Vicissitudinariously

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:48:15 EDT

In a message dated 6/26/2009 3:15:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm not a philosopher.  I sometimes wonder  why heat seeks out
cold, but I soon get bored and start whittling.  No  service to mankind
there.  I'm a firm believer that we do what we do  because that's what we
ended up doing given the visissitudes

[a. OF. and F. vicissitude (14th c.), or ad. L. vicissitdo, f. vicis  turn,
change: see VICE n.6 and VICE-. So Sp. vicisitud, Pg. vicissitude, It.
vicissitudine.]

1715 Meteorological Essays II. 191 *Vicissitudinariously.

JLS
  Service to Mankind, Inc.
**************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile
device for under $20. Take a Peek!