[lit-ideas] Re: Venomous Writing

  • From: John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:58:46 +0900

Camille Desmoulins was, at least in this novel, a close friend of Danton and
Robespierre. His newspaper and pamphlets played important roles in
mobilizing the sans-cullotes to support the Revolution. The Wikipedia
entry<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camille_Desmoulins>is consistent
with the novel's characterization.

John