[lit-ideas] Re: Vedr: Three arguments against quantitative social "science" as science

  • From: Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 06:25:27 +0000

Dear Dr. Jost, the burden is on you. I have no idea of the why or indeed
whether Pythagora's theorem is a "noumena." Indeed I have a very hard time in
understanding what such an arcane wording entails. You may want to ask how does
x knows that P [p= the theorem aforementioned] is a noumena.
I myself being very untrained in the vagaries of such claims as the "faith" und
so weiter, have no idea.
If you care to explain, I'd be grateful.
In particular :noumena = ??
If a subject knows or states the subject knows that alpha is noumena, what does
the subject know?
When the subject knows that p is noumena, assuming knowledge entails true
content, what are the truth conditions of "p is noumena"?

Best