[lit-ideas] Re: Vat and Tonsure

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:21:59 -0700

on 9/26/04 6:51 PM, Robert Paul at Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Robert Paul
> Heading off to the Vat-and-Tonsure, in downtown Portland.
> (Don't tell me David Ritchie hasn't been there either--?)

Ah the Vat-and-Tonsure.  When first I was a faculty whelp, I met a wise old
colleague there--Bob Hanson, a painter of abstracts, and a wry smiler--and
we shared what Virginia Wolfe once called a "squat bottle," though it may in
fact have been slenderer than that.  I came home reeking of smoke which, in
this household, earns one demerits.  But...the Vat and Tonsure...yes,
indeed.  And in a new location.

May I be the first to congratulate Geary on his firing?

Braising god, though, does one use onions and port-wine sauce?

David Ritchie
Toasting the King-over-the-Water (because he was an idiot at Culloden) in
Portland, Oregon