[lit-ideas] Re: Vanunu's Secret

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:30:33 EDT

Yes!!!
<<"Even brothers and sisters
grow up in different families.">>

========Original Message======== Subj:[lit-ideas] Re: Vanunu&apos;s Secret
Date:4/29/2004 8:09:47 PM Central Daylight Time
From:mccreery@xxxxxxx
To:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent on:

On 2004/04/29, at 23:47, JulieReneB@xxxxxxx wrote:

> My Mother and brother have been talking lately about family memories.
> It's
> the oddest thing.  We can each point to a particular incident in our
> home when
> my bro and I were growing up and his description of the incident, my
> description, and Mom's are so dissparate that you would never know we
> were remembering
> the same event.  It makes figuring out who was right and who was wrong
> and
> what could have happened differently and, if it's still relevant, what
> to do
> about it or with it now absolutely impossible.  Collective memory is
> tricky indeed.

I had a similar experience last December. While in Georgia for my
mother's funeral, I was sitting around talking with cousins I hadn't
seen for a long time, reminiscing about various events we remembered. I
remember clearly my cousin Sally saying, "Even brothers and sisters
grow up in different families."

John L. McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd.
55-13-202 Miyagaya, Nishi-ku