[lit-ideas] Re: Vagaries of language

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 11:50:47 -0500

While husbands are trainable, it is a slow process.  We have just
completed the "put your dirty socks in the hamper and hang the towel
back on the towel rack after having dried your clean hands" segment.
Dishes are complex -- steps include:

Determining which dishes go in the dishwasher and which are done by hand
Rinsing dishes before putting in dishwasher
Unloading the dishwasher and learning what goes where
Which dishes done by hand can be scrubbed with an SOS, which require a
gentle touch
Which side of the sink is for dirty dishes and which for clean
Use of bottle brushes
What can go down the disposal and what cannot

etc.

Julie Krueger
oh so patient, you know