[lit-ideas] Re: Useful travel Questions

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:08:25 -0800

on 11/5/04 1:27 PM, Eric Yost at NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> How would I apply for working papers in Canada? If I were to claim
> refugee status, how would I attempt to get employment?
>
> How would I apply for working papers in France? (Impossible for someone
> incapable of pronouncing, let alone comprehending, French, I suppose?)
> _____

I just heard an interview with a lady from New Zealand whose job it is to
encourage people to move there.  She said that she has had a fourfold
increase in business following the election.  She defined neither "fourfold"
nor "business," but there's a risk that Dunedin may be about to face some
sort of liberal invasion.

How *do* liberals invade a country?

"Excuse me, is this spot taken?  I wonder if you would mind awfully if we
shared your air and chardonnays?  Could you, by any chance, tell me whether
there's spare lebensraum, hopefully with valuable indications that a movie
was shot there, somewhere over the next hill?"

And what kinds of wussy swords do they carry, when claiming the surf and
declaiming?

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon