[lit-ideas] Re: Unitarians--for Judy

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 21:10:03 EST

My 13 year old visited a Unitarian church with a friend recently.  I  asked
her what they talked about in Sunday School.  She replied, "giraffe  heroes"
(they stick their necks out for other people).  I asked if anyone  said
anything
about God.  She said, "Well, the preacher did say "for God's  sake" once...

Julie Krueger
p.s. to Judy -- Unitarians pray To Whom It May Concern  <g>.
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Unitarians--for Judy
Date: 1/1/05 5:44:14 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _ballnw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:ballnw@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I decided some time ago that I couldn't belong to  any organized
religion,
so I joined the Unitarians.

By the way,  they drove a Unitarian family out of town around here last
week. They burned  a question mark in their lawn.

A fellow complained that Unitarians never  mention Jesus in the church.
My friend turned to him and said, "Not, so! I  heard him mentioned last
Sunday when the janitor fell down the cellar  stairs."

Incidentally, last Sunday a busybody on the ferry to Nantucket  annoyed
passengers by asking them what church they attended. He berated most  in
a rather insulting manner and was about to be tossed off the  fantail
when he asked one fellow who responded he was Unitarian. The  man
shouted, "I admire you Unitarians, dammit. You don't believe in a  goddam
thing, and you practice it every day of the week, including  Sunday."

That's all from here. Happy New Year to you, Judy, and  all.

William  Ball