[lit-ideas] Re: Unable to deliver your message

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 20:01:32 -0700

On Oct 5, 2007, at 6:56 PM, eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

Has anyone in Portland gone to the Ecomotion dealership, yet? They are selling electric cars--and I keep thinking the ZAK sedan for $10,000 looks interesting and reasonable for a teenage boy next year...(and 40 miles per hour--it's for the city, after all--there is one that goes 70 mph but not as nice looking--at least from the pictures nor does it seat four) They just opened this dealership-- wondered how it was doing.

I'm curious; I'll take a trip over there soon. It's news to me that they're in business; if there was coverage in our paper, I missed it. We've just had a similar dealership open on the west side of town. Neither has a website that allows you to see what it is they are selling; there are pages of "photo to appear shortly." To me the most important thing a teen needs is not fuel economy; fuel economy is in conflict with their primary need, which is lots of heavy metal all around. And air bags. As many as you can afford.

David Ritchie,
father of two accident-free teen drivers; vice-president of the semi- colon rally club
Portland, Oregon