[lit-ideas] Re: Unable to deliver your message

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 20:48:01 -0700

Marlena wrote

Has anyone in Portland gone to the Ecomotion dealership, yet? They are selling electric cars--and I keep thinking the ZAK sedan for $10,000 looks interesting and reasonable for a teenage boy next year...(and 40 miles per hour--it's for the city...

I believe it is the ZAP sedan, and from what I can discover it is a highly theoretical vehicle, which will cost around $30,000 if it gets made.

David wrote

To me the most important thing a teen needs is not fuel economy; fuel economy is in conflict with their primary need, which is lots of heavy metal all around. And air bags. As many as you can afford.

And four-inch layers of Kevlar. Even though one might drive one of these little bugs only in the city, city streets are also used by daunting rides such as Ford F150 pickups, SUVs of all sorts, and cement mixing trucks the size of dormitories.

Robert Paul,
leaving Montana