[lit-ideas] Re: U.S. superlatives (was Victor Hanson in Iraq)

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:19:18 -0800

Irene so aptly illustrates what it is I have against the Left that I must
add one more note.  She can't let a compliment in favor of the US stand;
well neither can Andreas, Simon, etc., etc.  To praise America is well,
unpatriotic and ought to be banned.  People ought to know better than to
praise America.  It's, It's, Neocon!   And who can praise Liberal Democracy!
Liberal-Democracy is any fool can plainly see is evil.  We Leftists took the
name Liberal and by changing only a few letters have advanced it to its
rightful, er, leftful place.  The very idea that Democracy might be on the
march is an empty Neocon slogan. And all those other Neocons like Jefferson,
Washington, Adams, etc, should be cleansed from our history books.
Democracy, Shlemocracy!

And why won't you Neocons see that when you attack an enemy you cause that
enemy to kill himself, er, kill his neighbors and all those innocent
bystanders.  You blindly went into Iraq thinking everything was going to be
hunky dory, but looked what happened.  Al Quaeda killed Iraqis trying to
vote.  Sunnis killed Shiites trying to get a civil war going and perhaps get
back in power, and now the Shiites are returning the favor; so it's all
Americas fault.  America clearly caused all those Iraqis to kill each other.
Only a Neocon can't see that.  If George Bush hadn't stolen the election, if
Al Gore had been elected president then all those 500,000 innocent Iraqi
dissidents, guerillas, Jihadists and former Baathists would still be alive.
So the real guilt lies with those Neocons who voted for George Bush and the
Supreme Court which stole the election from the rightful president Al Gore.
What a far far better, and if the truth were known amusing, place America
and the world would be with Al Gore as president.

You Neocons should be ashamed of yourselves for forcing all those Iraqis to
kill each other!  Shame!  Shame!

Lawrence

Irene wrote: "I don't read neocon pie in the sky crap.  I don't pay
attention to empty slogans like democracy is on the march, etc. etc.  If you
don't like the facts, ignore them.  I stand by my duh, which is those people
would still be alive if we hadn't invaded.  We also wouldn't be looking at
the prospect of a caliphate that we weren't looking at 4 years ago.  Our
powers that be are in China looking for them to give us economic
concessions, not the other way around.  How much has happened in four little
years."