[lit-ideas] Re: U.S. Medicine

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 12:00:03 -0700

On Apr 1, 2006, at 4:19 PM, Carol Kirschenbaum wrote:

Americans are also streaming down to Mexico for medical (oncological)
treatment. Remember Coretta Scott King? I'm not quite sure what all this
says about US medicine, except that it's rather strictly controlled. Is that
a good thing or not?

The man in charge of the clinic Coretta Scott King attended was Kurt Donsbach, a name I remember from when I wrote a series of articles about Herbalife. His career can be read as a demonstration of how hard it is to "control" medicine:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/donsbach.html

David Ritchie, Portland, Oregon