[lit-ideas] Re: US Immigration policies

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:35:12 -0000

SM>Probably depends where you are. In Sussex they seem
SM>to work in the fields, whilst elsewhere I've heard that they
SMcreate small workgangs concentrating on labouring jobs like painting and
decorating

Ah -- yes, the fields work is around there -- and Wales is, simply, further
away.  I
believe the plumbers and builders are in London.

I could do with some Polish builders and plumbers to sort my house out.

I've met only two Eastern Europeans (of the new intake) here so far: a
Polish shopworker looking for a better job and a junior hospital doctor.

Judy Evans, Cardiff