[lit-ideas] Re: Two Cheers for Missile Defense

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:12:13 -0700

Eric,

1) Korea's missiles can't reach the USA.

2) We have to know how the test was done. Did they put a homing device in the target, as they did in past tests?

3) One missile doesn't make a shield. The system is woefully inadequate for a real defense system. An enemy only has to fire 100 missiles and 80 of them have fake warheads. Can the system shoot down 100%? No way. A successful shield has to be 100%. Only one single bomb can be devastating.

4) The system has already cost trillions of dollars, and it's a total waste of money. How much damage has the USA suffered for literally pitching trillions of dollars into a hole?

5) Real security comes through substainable, lasting peace. Why is it that you prefer racist wars instead of peace?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>