[lit-ideas] Re: Twitter

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:40:53 -0700 (PDT)

I meant to say gratuitous and tasteless.

Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I don't have that issue handy but I suspect the alleged remarks by Peter
and Gordon are a gratuitous damper on the subject under discussion.  One
wonders what the point of the damper is.

David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Apr 30, 2007, at 2:51 PM, Andy wrote:

> I have no idea what this means and wonder why this was addressed at my
> post.  If in fact it is in the current issue, how does it relate to
> what's being discussed?

Open the April 30th issue at page six, the one with the lovely
cover--two people staring not at a Pollock-like painting which dwarfs
them, but instead at a tiny digital camera's screen, on which the
painting is reproduced-- and you will see I was referring to
correspondence in response to Colapinto's article. The second letter
is from Peter Gordon of Columbia University. It apologizes to "the
people of Appalachia" for "remarks [that] have added to... negative and
untrue stereotypes."

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.