[lit-ideas] Re: Twitter

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:21:56 -0700

On Apr 30, 2007, at 2:51 PM, Andy wrote:

I have no idea what this means and wonder why this was addressed at my post.  If in fact it is in the current issue, how does it relate to what's being discussed?

Open the April 30th issue at page six, the one with the lovely cover--two people staring not at a Pollock-like painting which dwarfs them, but instead at a tiny digital camera's screen, on which the painting is reproduced-- and you will see I was referring to correspondence in response to Colapinto's article. The second letter is from Peter Gordon of Columbia University. It apologizes to "the people of Appalachia" for "remarks [that] have added to... negative and untrue stereotypes."

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon