[lit-ideas] Re: Tune and Turn Off - Panic Attacks

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:10:11 +0100 (BST)

> I hadn't heard of Clark's experiment with lactate. Did Donal post the
> citation? I'd like to read it. No argument, just interested.

Here are some citations but since I don't recall having read any of them I
don't know whether they deal with Clark's experiment with lactate:-

D.Clark (1989) "Anxiety States: Panic and Generalised Anxiety", in _Cognitive
Behaviour Therapy for Psychiatric Problems: A Practical Guide_
(Hawton,Salkovskis,Kirk & Clark, eds.)[OUP, 1989]

Margraf, Barlow, Clark & Telch (1993) "Psychological Treatment of Panic: Work
in Progress on Outcome, Active Ingredients, and Follow-up", _Behaviour
Research and Therapy_ 31: 1-8

Clark, Gelder, Salkovskis, Hackman, Middelton & Anastasiades (1990)
"Cognitive Therapy for Panic: Comparative Efficacy" (paper presented that
year at annual meeting of American Psychiatric Association)

Donal
This mail was smuggled out by a friend
From a white padded room
England