[lit-ideas] Re: Tune and Turn Off - Panic Attacks

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 01:25:00 -0400

You mentioned it, so did I.  I'm sorry you have asthma.  It's a terrible
affliction. Not being able to breathe has to be just about the worst thing
imaginable.

For Chris, thanks for that poem.  It's a wonderful description of the
"inner child" of which I'm a big believer.  I believe it's the inner
children of the world who run the show and start the wars and all the
problems.  Almost by definition, since adults wouldn't need to.  There was
a rock star or writer (I can't remember at all now who, but he was pretty
well known), who broke or otherwise hurt his right hand.  That forced him
to use his nondominant left hand to write.  By writing with his nondominant
hand he was inadvertently accessing his "inner child".  He said it changed
him.  I'll see if I can find out who it was (i.e., if my husband
remembers).  I personally used to write with my left hand for a long time,
so when he told me about this guy, it rang with me.  Left hand/right hand
dialogs are fun too.  It's not for everyone, and certainly not for the
nonbelievers.  Now I only write with my dominant hand, and not much of
that.

Asthma