[lit-ideas] Re: Tradition sedition

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:26:52 -0330

1. transcendental argument
2. socratic dialogue
3. morality
4. ethics (in diff. from morality)
5. universalizability
6. cosmopolitanism
7. space of reasons
8. transcendental argument (yes, it's that important)
9. autonomy as an educational ideal
10. language game
11. naturalistic fallacy (Hume's version)
12. regulative ideal
13. democracy
14. aretaic virtue
15. the banality of evil
16. universal human rights
17. veil of ignorance
18. the social contract (Hobbes's)
19. epistemology
20. Dasein (no suitable trans. available)

Yes, there really are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who
can't.

No justifications presently available. Presently buried by midterms and a
funding freeze at SGS. After I surface, I'll reply to John W's very interesting
post.

Walter O
MUN