[lit-ideas] Toy Story

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 22:55:07 -0500

Anybody see Toy Story, from 1995?  Is it syrupy junk for kids or is it more
like Madagascar?  Tomorrow we have a Russian movie, English titles, from
Blockbuster.  The critics say "Jungian, mythical" on the box.  I say ut oh,
where's the wine.  It was made in 2003 so hopefully it's not about the Soviet
experience.

Speaking of weird, check this out:

http://www.berserker-rage.com/movies.html
Billions of years in the future, the fate of humanity rests in the hands of one
deep space explorer. One vulgar, obsessive-compulsive, prejudiced guy in a tin
foil hat. What could possibly go wrong?
Stuart Bing is all alone in the depths of space. All alone, that is, except for
the two million clones of himself. When his starship starts to malfunction, he
calls back to Earth for help, only to find that robots have taken over the
planet, led by a spiteful, mechanical stand-up comic. Bing?s only hope is to
discover the secret of the all-powerful Quark Star, and even then, it may not
be enough...
?Quark Star? is an innovative DVD-only motion picture, presented as the rescued
captain?s log of Bing?s starship. The viewer chooses different sections of the
logs to view, and they play back differently every time. Director Simon Tarr
also plays Stuart Bing, all of his clones, and the Evil Robot Leader