[lit-ideas] Re: Top politician toppled by plagiarism

  • From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:09:39 -0500

> Yes, there's an awful lot of plagiarism around...

Wrote a college paper on plagiarism from plagiarized material, and like
an ethical postmodernist I revealed the plagiarism at the end of the
paper to appear to put a fine point on it. My real motives, however,
were to be a smart alec and appear more clever than I was, and to avoid
boring, academic prose. Where I got that, I don't know, but life
would've been easier without it. Anyway, a lot of dishonesty in that
paper and I got an A, but I don't know if the professor meant it.