[lit-ideas] Re: Tolmachevy Sisters

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 07:47:23 -0700 (PDT)

By weird you mean that two 8-year-olds perform like
adults, maybe better than some adults?  I do agree.
The kids are amazing.  It was late and I kept flipping
back and forth and typing at the same time.  After I
sent the thing I realized that the Santa Lucia and
jazz entries *were* from the European competition held
in Bucharest.  They were greeted at Sheremeteyvo
Airport like real celebrities, these two 9-year olds.
In that same news segment that I didn't send they
phonetically do an American pop song.  Just think
about phonetically doing a Russian song.  They beat
out 15-year olds.  There were Youtubes of other kid
contestants from other countries in the same contest
and one dance sequence was wonderful.  Some of the
contestants kind of looked like kids doing a good job.
 Anyway, I didn't expect to find it and I'm glad I
did.

You're welcome, Bill.  It's an action movie without
being an action movie.  I liked it.  The Germans had
triplanes.  The bombers even in WWI (they show only
German bombers) were bigger and the small planes would
escort them.  Life expectancy for a WWI pilot was
three to six weeks.

--- David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Extraordinary.  Wonderful.  Slightly weird.
>
> David Ritchie,
> Portland, Oregon

> vacation on/off,
> digest on/off), visit