[lit-ideas] Re: Today's situation with food

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:01:53 -0700 (PDT)

Well then we'd all better get busy eating that meat.&nbsp; Music to McDonald's
and Conagra's ears, given that those people live on some planet other than
earth.&nbsp;
&nbsp;
Coal is not the answer.&nbsp; If nothing else, Richard Heinberg is making a
case that we're at or near peak coal.&nbsp; Actually, we're at or near Peak
Everything, the name of his book.&nbsp; In the meantime, China is putting up a
coal plant a week and not using clean technology either, something that we can
help them with and we're not.&nbsp; They're desperate right now to get their
people out of poverty.&nbsp; That's pushing climate change along, the climate
change that we started and denied was happening.&nbsp; Some are still denying
it, like Senator Inhoff.&nbsp; If coal powered everything, or even a lot more
things, we'd be dropping like flies from coal inspired diseases.&nbsp; Plus
mining coal takes water and oil, unless you know another way to power up that
Caterpillar.