[lit-ideas] Re: To whom it may concern

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 15:21:10 -0700

He talked about multiple track recordings and the desire for flawless sound,
which was followed by the realization that humans like imperfection and
resonance, the charm of the weird amp or the odd chamber.  I was reminded of a
a hollywood producer I once heard spin a theory that perfect beauty would get
you nowhere in tinseltown; what you needed was a slight asymmetry, some
imperfection.

David