[lit-ideas] To Lit-Ideas

  • From: "M.A. Camp" <macampesq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:07:19 -0500

Since Andreas has to approve this post I don't know how long it will take to
get to you. Allow me to explain my side of this controversy:

Though I am a news junkie and love to share articles with others I'm more
comfortable watching conversations than engaging in them. I have truly
enjoyed watching the threads here and mulling them over. I realise this is
unorthodox for a discussion list and would not work if everyone attempted it
but see no problem in one person engaging in it. Someone pointed out that a
Dennis Dutton used to do this very same thing but I imagine everyone knew
that person and didn't need to speculate he was a subversive with nefarious
motives. I've done this on other political lists and have never had this
problem.

I am fully convinced that this is politically motivated censorship based on
my supposed beliefs, which is daft. There are members of this list that
can't stand not knowing where I'm coming from instead of engaging in the
topics presented. It is the others that have found worth in my articles that
make it worthwhile. I'm troubled by the people that think I'm a stupid
right-wing racist troll for what I've posted. I am none of those things and
took care to post items I believed to be of interest to this group and its
members.

My thanks to Andy, Eric, Brian, Mike and Paul for standing against this
moderation and making good points.

As long as Andreas is going to decide what is appropriate concerning posts
-- and deem mine inappropriate -- I will be leaving. That is an untenable
position. (How, for instance, is my Daniel Pipes post racist and stupid and
Eric's post of the same author's work is not? Because he is "one of us"?
Bollocks.)
M.A. Camp, Esq.