[lit-ideas] Re: To All Relevant Parties

  • From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 18:49:30 -0400

I met with Phil Enns and Walter Okshevsky yesterday for an afternoon of book
shopping (though the weather conditions were less than suitable for it), and
an evening of beer and scotch drinking.  We discussed many things during the
course of the evening, including, at length (hence 'much discussed') what I
plan to do with myself after this year.  Enns and Okshevksy are a fun time.
Both also talked to Geary on the phone, who I'm sure appalled them with his
incessant laughing.  In any case, the six beers, much scotch, and two double
gin and tonics I consumed during the course of the evening (while my friend
Paolo showed up and finished off my food) left me in rather poor condition.
Nothing some fresh salad and a nap won't fix.  And, now I know how to lose a
game of chess right at the very beginning, although I'm happy to say that this
is not something I did.

Erin
Toronto

Quoting David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Take your pick of hangover cures, though in this instance, I wouldn't
> recommend the Scots' solution:
>
> http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art39022.asp
>
> And what's with the cryptic reference to your future?  Following the
> model of "Car Talk," if we are to offer useless advice, we at least
> need to know what color this future is supposed to be.
>
> p.s. Has anyone ever listened to more than a few minutes of "Philosophy
> Talk," the radio program devoted to philosophy?  With many things I can
> be patient.  Not this.
>
> David Ritchie,
> Portland, Oregon

Erin