[lit-ideas] Re: Time Tunnel

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:58:11 -0700

Eric wrote:

>>As I indicated, I have read a number of people from the Left who apply full blame on the US for 9/11. Think Ward Churchill.

Think Ward Churchill? Think Andy Warhol. Ward Churchill represents Ward
Churchill; he is neither a leader of nor a spokesman for 'the Left,' and the
fleeting 'support' he got was based on various confused notions of free speech,
'academic freedom,' etc.

As for his graying ponytail, Churchill describes himself as an American Indian;
it isn't unusual to see Indian men with ponytails, a style that pre-dates the
Counterculture by many years.

Robert Paul
Reed College