[lit-ideas] Re: Thus Spake the Dragon

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 02:14:51 -0500

If computer voice recognition software is not significantly better than
voice recognition software utilized by offices such as Medicare, during
which an automated voice asks you to say the patient's ID # and their name,
date of service, etc., only to have to repeat yourself several times and if,
God forbid, you swallow while the automaton is beeping away looking, it
says, "I do not understand.  Please give...." and starts from the very
beginning all over again ....

then count me out.  And then some.

Julie Krueger
Guilty of wanting to wrap the phone's non-existent cord around the
automaton's non-existent neck and swearing .... so many times....