[lit-ideas] Re: Threefer Once More

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 13:21:44 -0700

One:

You know who,
in a liberal sort of a way,
I'd like to shock with a tingle or two,
delivered from electrodes built into the pitch macdam?
Those who only slow their cars
before blowing through our stop sign,
tossing jetsom as they go:
paper coffee cups, beer and cola cans, hamburger bags,
you can imagine.
The paradox is of course
that drivers are less likely to retain their grasp of detrius
when so jolted.
Also, there's a risk they may drive into local rhodies.
I'll still pay for the device.

Two:

my e mail contains a promotion
in return for having my eyes zapped with laser
surgeons will front me twenty five thousand airline miles
enough for free passage within the continental
so making me not only long sighted
but also a baggage carry-on-er
unblinded by the flight

Three:

Dodging the god question, a voice asks
why nay-chah made mushrooms and mountains in the fashion of breasts?
"For beauty and diversion."
In "Bonk," I read that only humans and pigs consider boobs sexual.
Thus is once again made manifest the fact that man
does not fit the plan.
But what about the pig?

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon