[lit-ideas] Re: Three Snips

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 16:21:42 -0700

On Sep 5, 2011, at 8:42 AM, Ursula Stange wrote:

> Keep it up, DR!!
>
>  They populate all the unreachable corners of my rooms, turning them into
> airy abbatoirs filled with the bodies of the innocent.  I am afraid to reach
> under a lampshade to turn on the light for fear of getting caught myself.
> How thin our veneer of civilization is...
> Ursula,
> comtemplating unspeakable crimes in North Bay...

As always, I'm happy to have a reader, albeit someone contemplating murder on
such a massive scale.  Bear in mind, those of you who wallop spiders, that
their chief task in life is to eat insects, some of which, I have it on good
authority, can be almost as annoying as deans.

David Ritchie,
airily laboring points on Labor Day in
Portland, Oregon