[lit-ideas] Re: There's no such thing as a free cremation

  • From: "Steve Chilson" <stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:02:23 +0000

sweeping up the olfactory floor.

Not having lived in the UK in his heyday, I was well surprised by the
love the Brits have for Milton Friedman.  (in some ways, it appears that
Maggie Thatcher was just Milton Friedman in drag.) The way they
eulogised him you'd have thunk he was bloody British, not Hog Butcher to
the world.

I for one, am happy that Milton Friedman is still dead.  I had a dream
about him last night wherein he regaled me with tales of diminishing
interest rates in lieu of unemployment values and then he did a little
dance, an almost Hitleresque jig, like the one Hitler did after Poland
fell, but it was in some sort of polyphonic poetic metre that I couldn't
quite discern, it might have been barking even, like hopping from one
foot to the other, mincing almost, barking out interest rates and belly
dancing.  (And trust me on this one, no matter what you think about
Milton Friedman, you don't want to witness his scaly, oiled and flabby
flesh belly dancing - the nude Milton Friedman, a picaresque coming soon
to a gallery near you, is something to avoid at all costs, even the cost
of inflation.)

  Steve Chilson
  stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx