[lit-ideas] Re: There's no such thing as a free cremation

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:09:19 -0500

I'll put the movie on my list.  Princess Di didn't kill herself.  She was
also so open about herself and her emotional infirmities that it was
impossible not to know the real her.  Likewise by extension Prince Charles.
The whole royalty thing has been debunked in one documentary after another.
Their lives are as dysfunctional as anyone's, except their misery is
multiplied by 35 paparazzi in their face for every move they make.  I feel
sorry for Charles.  His mother is hogging the throne.  But even Di and
Charles and Camilla will eventually be forgotten, as even Victoria is
forgotten except in the history books.  It'll just take a little longer
than those without 35 paparazzi in their face at every turn.