[lit-ideas] Re: There's no such thing as a free cremation

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 01:23:35 -0500

Is it better to be ridiculed or forgotten?  Almost everyone is forgotten
eventually.  Even when they're turned into a marketing commodity, like
Marilyn Monroe, the name lives on, but the person is forgotten.  In
Marilyn's case, the person never existed.  Maybe that's why she killed
herself, to complete the nonexistence.  It isn't Marilyn who's remembered;
it's the image of Marilyn that's loved.