[lit-ideas] Re: There's a fellow who doesn't get it right

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 15:54:15 -0400

Bush and Co. are turning the US into a totalitarian dystopia faster than the terrorists could have dreamed.
And they're so good at it, Americans don't seem to notice. Hitler must be jealous...
Ursula

Eric Yost wrote:

>>We should do everything in our power to prevent such an attack, but absolutely not at the expense of our freedoms and civil liberties.

This man does not get it right. The reason he doesn't get it right is that he opposes two absolute conditions--a rigid adherence to existing legislation about rights and freedoms VERSUS a cowering capitulation to fear-mongers that would turn the US into a totalitarian dystopia.