[lit-ideas] Re: There are three types of people...

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:21:57 +0100 (BST)

> John Wager wrote:
>
> > I like Bertrand Russell's division better:
> >
> > There are two kinds of people: Those that divide people into two kinds
> > of people, and those that do not."

I like Russell's formulation too, but shouldn't he - following Godel - have
said that there are at least three kinds of people: "Those that divide people
into two kinds of people, and those that do not, and those where it is
uncertain or indeterminate whether they divide people into two kinds of
people or not."

Then again - why say something that might get you run out of town again?

Donal