[lit-ideas] Re: There are three types of people...

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:48:09 -0500

I like Bertrand Russell's division better:

There are two kinds of people: Those that divide people into two kinds of people, and those that do not."

John McCreery wrote:

"The essence of Gödel's incompleteness theorem is that you cannot have
both completeness and consistency. A bold anthropomorphic conclusion
is that there are three types of people; those that must have answers
to everything; those that panic in the face of inconsistencies; and
those that plod along taking the gaps of incompleteness as well as the
clashes of inconsistencies in stride if they notice them at all, or
else they succumb to the tragedy of the human condition."

Verena Huber-Dyson via http://www.edge.org/

I see myself as type three. Which are you?

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lisle, IL, USA