[lit-ideas] Re: Theory of democracy...

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:28:19 -0700

 > 90% is just about everbody, including the so called "educated".  So it
 > doesn't matter
who's in the White House, because nobody knows what's going on.

They didn't say that the 10% knew what was going on. What they said was that
only 10% have a
self-consistent political ideology. For example, a Republican who wants to cut
taxes but
knows this means he must cut the budget. Or a Democrat who wants universal
health care and
accepts the taxes to pay for it.

Only 10% of voters "know" what they are voting for. The rest have a muddled
collection of
contradictory desires: no taxes, more benefits, and so on.

> Don't even ask that we're having the heck taxed out of us.

It's not that we're having the heck taxed out of us, quite the contrary. Of all
industrialized countries, the USA pays by far the lowest taxes.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com