[lit-ideas] Re: The winner has already been selected?

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:07:52 -0500

Michael Chase:

"And I'm sure [France and Germany] will do their best to emulate the
wonderful job the U.S. has done in transforming Iraq into a prosperous
earthly paradise and a beacon for peace and democracy in just a few
short months."

The US got rid of a ruthless dictator, injected billions of dollars into
Iraqi infrastructure and moved Iraqi politics towards democracy.
However much I despise the Bush administration, I have to admit that
these are good things.  Nothing leads me to think that France or Germany
would do anything remotely as impressive.  See France and the wonderful
job they are doing in Cote d'Ivoire.  (That was sarcasm.)

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON