[lit-ideas] Re: The winner has already been selected?

  • From: Michael Chase <goya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:28:00 +0100

Le 4 d=E9c. 04, =E0 04:07, Phil Enns a =E9crit :
<snip>

> Apart from the prediction of a civil war, I think the plan is a good
> one.  I would just add that it is virtually unthinkable that the US
> would not maintain some military presence in Iraq.  So, I would agree
> that the US should get the majority of its soldiers out of Iraq as
> quickly as possible.  If the Iraqi people want civil war, what =
business
> is it of the US?  And if things move towards civil war, surely the =
most
> logical intervention would be from the UN.  With the US out of Iraq I=20=

> am
> sure we can count on the French and Germans to lead the way.

M.C. Quite. And I'm sure they will do their best to emulate the=20
wonderful job the U.S. has done in transforming Iraq into  a prosperous=20=

  earthly paradise and a beacon for peace and democracy in just a few=20
short months.

Michael Chase
(goya@xxxxxxxxxxx)
CNRS UPR 76