[lit-ideas] Re: The winner has already been selected?

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:11:49 -0800

> On Judy Evans' account, what makes one politician the 'wrong' politician is
> the fact that the US supported the other fellow.  This is obviously
> circular: A is the right politician because the US supports A; the US
> supports A because A is the right politician.  And we are none the clearer
> on what it means for a person to be the 'wrong' politician.

Phil, just for laughs, can you tell us Kissinger's role in aftermath of the
Chilean election
that brought Salvador Allende to power?

Extra bonus points if you can tell us what Henry "Nobel Peace Prize" Kissinger
meant when he
talked about "irresponsible choices".

For everyone else, just Google for "Kissinger Chile democracy".

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com