[lit-ideas] Re: The winner has already been selected?

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 20:30:50 +0000

Friday, December 3, 2004, 7:56:24 PM, Phil Enns wrote:

PE> The problem with the Ukraine is that both candidates are unsavory characters
PE> who indulged in election fraud.

Yes, that's a problem. There are others, the East-West split among them.

PE> On Judy Evans' account, what makes one politician the 'wrong' politician is
PE> the fact that the US supported the other fellow.

Right. You got it. Well, you nearly got it.  For me, what makes one candidate
the "wrong" candidate -- in the terms of this thread -- is that the US supports
him or her.

What makes one politician the wrong candidate, for me, is quite another matter.

Are only you allowed to use commas in this manner?  Are only your commas to be
so understood?  Did you have to learn to be both so oblivious to others' usage
and so bloody patronising, or did it just happen?

Boring redundant patronising paragraph below retained

This is obviously

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx