[lit-ideas] Re: The water in Scotland/Goodness Gracious Me

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 21:21:39 -0700

On Jun 4, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Andreas Ramos wrote:

The Scot replies, "I said: Use two hands - you spill less that way!"

A good one.  Good also to see Andreas back.

On the subject of humor--perhaps Judy knows the answer--someone sent me a link to excerpts on youtube from an old show called "Goodness Gracious Me." Some I smiled at; the "arranged shag" seemed a bit more amusing and daring than the rest of it. Is the show worth chasing down? Wikipedia says that the original working title was, "Peter Sellars is Dead." There's a daring title for a comedy!

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HJzy3WSYFM

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon