[lit-ideas] Re: The torture graph

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 21:09:14 -0400

I don't have a problem with Dirty Harry.  I have a problem that Dirty Harry is
a fictitious character for whom was written a plot with a good ending.  In real
life, believe it or not, endings are not controlled by script writers.  If the
story of Waco were written for Clint Eastwood, it hardly would have ended in a
horrendous incendiary event with many deaths.  If the invasion of Iraq were a
movie and Clint Eastwood were starring in it, it's a pretty good bet that the
U.S. would be victorious in about two hours.  In real life, it didn't quite
work out that way.  One might wonder if the neocons didn't base the invasion of
Iraq on a Dirty Harry movie.  How does one win anything when one is so out of
touch with reality?