[lit-ideas] Re: The sky is falling. No, really, the sky is falling.

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:00:42 -0800 (PST)

[Preparing wet blanket, shaking it out, throwing it:]

  Even madmen need money.  Clinton actually reduced the deficit significantly.
The military congressional industrial complex (Eisenhower) with accent on
congressional kept all the useless projects as pork.  Also, China will just
sell cheap to other countries, that's all.  That might decrease consumption in
this country, a very good thing, or it might drive people into spending more
for the same junk.  Hating Clinton for no reason is much more the problem than
the solution.  It's his fault that the PTB (powers that be) didn't have get
together the army they needed before they went to war?  The huge military also
didn't exactly stop OBL.  The PTB are doing exactly nothing to prepare for very
expensive and increasingly scarce oil.  How long are you going to keep blaming
Clinton?  It's the old saw about driving while staring into the rear view
mirror...

Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  >>The reason we shot it down is because we didn't want the Chinese to
get our sensitive equipment.

That works for me. Sounds like a good reason to shoot it down.

It's the international protest over shooting it down that's so vile in
its hypocrisy.

>> We could carve up the moon, but only if the Chinese would agree to
pay for it.

Not if we had the "madman president" I postulated.

Over the objections of business interests -- such as whatever Chinese
business interests had photos of Bill Clinton having sex with a raccoon
and used them to blackmail Clinton into signing the 2000 China trade
deal -- Madman Prez would opt out of globalism.

Madman Prez would cancel all foreign debt, invalidate all foreign-held
US securities, T-bills, and domestic property holdings, and precipitate
a global depression.

Looking like a bipolar off his meds, or Dirty Harry played as a Padddy
Chayevsky character*, Madman Prez would address the nation about his
ongoing Moon Sculpture Program, even as the first missiles went lunar.

Thinking it would be a funny short story,
Eric

_____
*
Remember this?