[lit-ideas] Re: The only sensible solution

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:01:05 -0400

>>>The notion that it is more democratic for the ("democratic") process to "work itself out" in Iran without external intervention is not risible.

Oh sure it is, Judy. It's like saying "the democratic process" in North Korea must be allowed to work itself out.

It's like saying "Bush must be re-elected to an unconstitutional third term so his deep compassion for the poor and for the nation's budget deficit can work itself out."

It's like saying boiled eggs should be left alone so they can mature into baked chicken with leeks and carrots. (Leeks, lemon, carrots, wine, thyme, onion, bay leaf, and my special seasonings....yumm.)

It's a real hoot. (Not that external intervention is democratic either.)

Hard to explain why the Iranian Studies professor could write that. Unless, of course, as suggested in an earlier post, that his travel visa to Iran will be canceled if he speaks out, and his professional standing will go in the dustbin.