[lit-ideas] The nazi Heidegger

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: Lit-Ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 12:57:16 +0100

I've been updating the extensive reading (approximately three years worth) I
did over a decade ago on the nazi Martin Heidegger.  I'm leaving for a
three-day seminar (unrelated to this topic - well, on the other hand there is a
quotation from Brecht ... let's leave that until I come back).  I'll return to
this topic next Monday (February 10th).  In the meantime here are couple of
interesting links:

http://www.robertfulford.com/Heidegger.html

https://chronicle.com/article/Heil-Heidegger-/48806/

I've already given my opinion of the English translation of Safranski's
biography of Heidegger, but that was many years ago - so I will probably
reiterate. One of the books I'll be reading in the next three days is a German
translation of Faye's book.  I'm looking forward to the discussion.

Chris Bruce,
off to Bremen soon, but
currently packing at home, in
Kiel, Germany