[lit-ideas] Re: The make up of security forces in Iraq

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:58:51 +0100

I see, Lawrence, that your friend in Iraq, having actually known a lot of guys
in
security forces, knows what I know from reading the papers, part of which I said
in a post yesterday.  I avoided saying how good the Brits were thought to
be, and also, giving the SAS's low opinion of their US counterparts' MO,
because, well, that would have been rude.  But as you opened the door,
I'll say it.

>the Leftists and anti-Americans attacking anything remotely American.
> But the security forces in Iraq aren't completely American

you are a very silly man, Lawrence.  Blackwater gets attacked because it's
so high profile.  I assure you I am very happy indeed to attack any
British security company there that behaves nefariously and I can assure you,
without asking Mike, that he opposes mercenaries of any nationality.

>"The Brit Army seems to be open to allowing one year
>leave of absence for interested individuals to run off
>and work for high pay

The British armed forces have 'career break' provisions but the
top security people are probably the ex-SAS and SBS people I
talked about in my post yesterday

Judy Evans, Cardiff