[lit-ideas] Re: The flu

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:07:24 EST

In a message dated 11/25/2004 2:34:33 AM Central Standard Time,
teme17@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Finns  having
dental work or cosmetic surgery in Estonia is quite
common, and I  guess there is similar movement between
Germany and Poland for  example.

Hi,
Who was it who needed dental work?

I love the concept of Medical Tourism.  My colleague and I are now  thinking
of what we want to do/be in our 'next professional lives'.  She  wants to
organize travel sorts of things--she is doing some on the side, now, to
prepare
herself.  I will mention this to her...

We could set up a Lit-Ideas Medical Tourism trip--and have a party along
with getting health needs met!

It's a great concept--I wonder how one goes about getting quality control
assurances from medical care places (esp thinking of the dental work
aspect--that really is outrageous here--the last work I had cost me over $600
out of
pocket just in the xrays that were done--and I have dental  insurance!)

Glad for a new concept to dream about on this Thanksgiving Day,
Marlena in Missouri
(where she's thinking, if they are going to outsource, we might as well do
the 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' and see what happens  next...)