[lit-ideas] Re: The flu

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:17:40 EST

I only take the zinc in those doses for a few days -- otherwise I take one  a
day.  I've had colds that came on fiercly and suddenly go away in 2 days
when I follow the regime I outlined.  Re. fat .... instead of cod liver oil  or
other alternaties, why not Omega-3 capsules?  Or fish oil and flax oil
capsules?  (flax seed has many good properties to it)

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The flu  Date:
11/24/04 6:12:39 PM Central Standard Time  From: _aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) , _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent
on:
They say if you treat a cold it will go away in a  week.  If you don't treat
it, it will take seven days.  BTW, for what  it's worth, too much zinc will
depress the immune system, and also is associated  with prostate cancer.  It
seems to accumulate in the prostate gland.   Not enough is bad too.

Andy